Book Your Child’s First Dental Cleaning of the Year with our League City Dentist
The new year is in full swing and most of us have settled into the recently-established routines that may have accompanied the start of 2022. If you haven’t yet done so, our League City pediatric dentist encourages you to include your family’s dental checkups into these new routines in order to fully support your child’s oral health and model the importance of regular visits to our League City dentist.
Why Dental Cleanings with Our League City Pediatric Dentist Are So Important
Certain foods and drinks, especially those containing excessive sugar, cause our tooth enamel to break down and decay, and for plaque to accumulate on and in between teeth. Given the prevalence of sugary treats during the recent holiday season, it’s the perfect time of year to ensure your child’s teeth are healthy and identify any cavities as early as possible. We recommend your child receive a League City dental cleaning every six months, which will help maintain overall dental health by removing plaque and spotting cavities before they grow larger, leading to more significant problems that may require further treatments, such a crowns or root canals.
The Dental Cleaning Process with Our League City Family Dentist
Cleanings with our League City pediatric dentist typically involve the following:
- Oral exam: we’ll check the surface of your child’s tooth surfaces, checking for signs of decay and/or inflammation with the help of a small mirror.
- Teeth scaling: scaling removes plaque buildup from your child’s teeth, keeping them healthy and bright until their next cleaning.
- Cleaning and polishing: After scaling, we’ll use a high-powered electric toothbrush and a gritty toothpaste to reach cracks and crevices between teeth that your child may miss while brushing at home, leaving them clean and polished.
- Flossing: Flossing helps remove any particles, plaque, or toothpaste left behind from the aforementioned steps in our League City dental cleaning process.
- Fluoride: Sometimes our League City family dentist will give your child a fluoride rinse to strengthen their teeth and prevent cavities. Kids typically enjoy this step, as our fluoride rinse comes in flavors most children enjoy!
- Checkup with our League City pediatric dentist: The last step of our dental cleaning involves a thorough examination with our League City pediatric dentist, who will assess the health of your child’s teeth and identify any issues that may require treatment.
Our League City Pediatric Dentist Will Help Your Child Feel At Ease
Your child may be anxious about an upcoming dental checkup, especially if it’s been some time since their last visit to our League City kids dentist. This is relatively common and is best addressed with open communication so your child knows exactly what to expect. Our League City family dentist wants your family to feel comfortable in our office, so we employ child psychology techniques to communicate clearly and warmly in order to calm patient fears. One of our top priorities is establishing a relationship between your child and our League City pediatric dentist that is built on trust and respect.
Schedule Your Cleaning with our League City Pediatric Dentist Today!
If you haven’t already done so, schedule your child’s dental cleaning with our League City kids dentist today. We pride ourselves in cultivating a warm, yet modern atmosphere intended to keep our patients comfortable and eager to return. Your entire family deserves the very best in dental care and we’d be honored to provide it for you.