Is It Time for Your Teen to Get Braces From a League City Dentist?
Autumn Family Dentistry Blog
The teenage years are a period of emotional and physical growth. Your teen faces many challenges that could affect their confidence. Don’t let crooked teeth be one of these hurdles. League City dental braces will improve their smile and boost their self-esteem. Not to mention, orthodontics offers much more than cosmetic enhancements. You can ensure the oral health of your child with braces. Not sure if this is the right time to bring your teen to an orthodontist? Read on to know more about the benefits of this field of dentistry.
Benefits of Dental Braces
Braces are an effective way of achieving beautiful, straight teeth. However, they also have benefits on oral health and teeth function. Autumn Family Dentistry believes that everyone deserves a healthy smile. Our League City family dentist provides treatment with braces, which have the following benefits.
- Correction of misaligned teeth. Crooked teeth can make someone self-conscious, especially during the teen years. Braces reposition your teeth until they are perfectly aligned. As such, they can improve your appearance and make you more confident in your smile.
- Improvement of bite. Braces correct underbites and overbites. Also known as malocclusions, these dental issues can negatively impact your overall health. They can cause clenching and grinding. Some teens also have speech impediments due to an incorrect bite.
- Prevention of oral diseases. Crowded teeth make you more prone to cavities and tooth decay. When your teeth have incorrect spacing, this can cause food and bacteria to build up. Hard-to-reach areas lead to halitosis, plaque, and tartar. Braces prevent these types of dental problems.
- Aid in digestion. Braces are also used to correct a misaligned jaw. Teens with misaligned jaws have a hard time chewing since jaw movement is restricted. Chewing is the first step of the digestive process. Braces ensure that your child chews their food properly.
- Prevention of bone deterioration. Misaligned teeth can cause jawbone erosion. When teeth don’t have an opposing structure, the jaw becomes loose. This is why patients with misaligned teeth are prone to jawbone deterioration.
When Should My Teen Get Braces?
The developing years are an ideal time to get braces from a League City dentist. It’s easier to reposition teeth and jaws while they are still growing. Once your child becomes an adult, it can be harder to move teeth since they are already set. Don’t wait for their dental issues to resolve on their own. Our League City pediatric dentist offers comprehensive diagnostics to make sure that braces are the right treatment for your teen.
Schedule an Appointment With a League City Dentist Today
Autumn Family Dentistry provides convenient and affordable dental services all under one roof. Our League City dentist serves patients of all ages. We foster a modern, friendly environment to make your child more comfortable. If you are considering braces, schedule an appointment with us today!