A new year brings with it a chance to reset and refocus, especially in terms of our health. We’re all familiar with the traditional resolutions to eat better and get more exercise, and parents know the importance of modeling healthy routines and self-care so that their children can adopt the same lifestyle. Another way to foster that mindset is to remind your child that caring for their teeth is an important part of their overall health, which means that now is the best time to schedule a dental cleaning with our League City pediatric dentist.
The Importance of Dental Cleanings with Our League City Pediatric Dentist
What we eat and drink takes a toll on our teeth, causing the breakdown of tooth enamel and accumulation of plaque on and in between teeth. This is why your child should receive a League City dental cleaning every six months, which will help maintain overall dental health by removing plaque and identifying cavities shortly after they’ve developed. If left untreated, cavities will grow larger and could lead to more significant problems.
A Typical Dental Cleaning with Our League City Family Dentist
Cleanings with our League City pediatric dentist typically involve the following:
- Oral Exam: we’ll inspect the surface of your child’s teeth, checking for signs of decay and/or inflammation with the help of a small mirror.
- Teeth scaling: scaling removes plaque buildup from your child’s teeth, keeping them healthy and bright until their next cleaning.
- Thorough cleaning and polishing: After scaling, we’ll use a high-powered electric toothbrush and a gritty toothpaste to reach cracks and crevices between teeth that your child may miss while brushing at home, leaving them clean and polished.
- Flossing: Flossing helps remove any particles, plaque, or toothpaste left behind from the aforementioned steps in our League City dental cleaning process.
- Fluoride: Sometimes our League City family dentist will give your child a fluoride rinse to strengthen their teeth and prevent cavities. Kids typically enjoy this step, as our fluoride rinse comes in flavors most children enjoy!
- Checkup with our League City pediatric dentist: The last step of our dental cleaning involves a thorough examination with our League City pediatric dentist, who will assess the health of your child’s teeth and identify any issues that may require treatment.
Talk With Your Child About Their Upcoming League City Dental Checkup
It is common for children to feel anxious before their visit, which is why our League City family dentist uses child psychology techniques to communicate openly and help calm their fears. It’s also helpful for parents to discuss the importance of regular dental cleanings, as well as an idea of what to expect. We want to ensure your child’s comfort, starting from their very first appointment. Establishing a relationship between your child and our League City pediatric dentist that is built on trust and respect is our top priority; we want our office to be a place your child looks forward to visiting.
Schedule Your Cleaning with our League City Pediatric Dentist Today!
Start the new year on the right foot by scheduling your child’s dental cleaning today. Our League City family dentist office features state-of-the-art technology in a modern environment, providing you with a comfortable experience and expert dental care. We look forward to giving you and your family a healthy smile going into 2022!